TITLE: Certified Pharmacy Technician
The pharmacy technician supports the pharmacist in providing pharmacy services. The technician is responsible for packaging, preparation, and distribution of medications, inventory control, customer service and maintaining pharmacy records.
The Pharmacy Technician reports to the Pharmacist-in-Charge and the Compounding Director.
- Prepare accurate and timely preparation of medications which may include selection, labeling and non-sterile compounding.
- Ensure compounds are prepared in accordance to formulation and that all relevant compounding guidelines and quality standards are maintained.
- Weigh and measure suitable chemicals to prepare various types of compounds including suspensions, creams, solutions, ointments, capsules, and suppositories. Process them following a provided formula worksheet specification.Package and label prepared compounds in suitable dispensing tool.
- Send prepared compound and documentation to pharmacist for verification and sign off.
- Responsible for daily cleaning and logs in accordance to established policy. Documents regulatory requirements such as temperature logs and scheduled activities.
Maintains a safe and clean work area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Ensure all equipment, including freezer/fridge temperatures and weights on scales at work station are verified and maintained every morning.
- Ensure that all relevant steps in each compound are verified with the supervising pharmacist.
- Perform daily inventory counts, file paperwork, and stock inventory.
- Calibration and proper documentation of lab instruments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Performs any additional duties assigned by the Pharmacist-in-Charge/Compounding Director
- Position requires effective verbal and written communication skills, proficient in Microsoft Office programs, outstanding multi-tasking, and a team player.
- Organization – proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources and time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a Compounding Course/Training
- Registered and Certified Pharmacy Technician License (CPhT)
Proficiency in computerized pharmacy systems and software applications required. Must be proficient with a computer and Microsoft Office programs. Must possess strong prioritizing abilities, and organizational/communication skills with a minimum one (1) year pharmacy technician experience.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please attach your cover letter and resume and email email@example.com. Thank you for your interest.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CRE8 Pharmacy Group is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation and gender identity or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. CRE8 Pharmacy Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.